Stewart Sorry for Incident, will Continue Racing

On Monday, March 27, at 4:50 p.m., James Stewart was arrested for allegedly impersonating a police officer.  The incident occurred on Florida’s Highway 417 in Orlando, as Stewart was taking a friend to the airport to catch his flight.  According to police reports, Stewart allegedly used his vehicle lights and red and blue lights to slow down a vehicle containing off duty police officers that had passed his vehicle.  Stewart was in street clothes and never exited his vehicle during the incident.  No confrontation or exchange of words between the officers and Stewart occurred.  Stewart was not charged with any dangerous driving or any other negative action.   The police report is clear that once Stewart slowed the police officers’ vehicle that he then drove towards the airport; several miles later, Stewart and his friend were pulled over at the airport where they fully cooperated with police.

Stewart is extremely sorry that the incident occurred and that any negative inferences may arise that reflect poorly on his fans, his team, or his sponsors.  Stewart will continue working with authorities to resolve the incident quickly.

In James’ words:  “Thanks to all that are standing by me.   I hope to resolve this incident quickly and show people that I am someone that upholds the law and someone they can respect as a competitor and as a person.”

Stewart is free to race and is preparing for this weekend’s Supercross race in Arlington, Texas.  He and his team will continue competing in the remainder of the Supercross series.

1. conversation about this post at this place at this weblog,
    I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.|
    I am sure this article has touched all the internet people,
    its really really good article on building up new webpage.|
    Wow, this article is good, my younger sister is analyzing these things,
    therefore I am going to inform her.|
    bookmarked!!, I really like your site!|
    Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you

where can i find cheap michael kors bags

2. Jersey Bola says:

It’s an amazing piece of writing designed for all the web people; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

3. Jersey says:

Great post,I will read your post time to time.thank you!

4. Duwane T says:

sounds like you got to much time on your hands, forget about the show, no one cares! get your ass back out doors, your gettin soft. peace.

5. zeke says:

will this be on the show?

6. csmith983 says:

THE FUNNY THING IS, AND YOU THINK THE COPS WOULD KNOW THIS IS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO YIELD TO RED FLASHING LIGHTS, BUT THERE HAS TO BE A SOLID RED NON FLASHING LIGHT FOR YOU TO PULL OVER BY LAW.

7. barry watson says:

we love ya james. get rid of those damn lights! lol. we live in seattle and cant wait to see you there. hope i can get your autograph on my daughters jersey. ride safe buddy.

8. Jon says:

I’m sure it was just supposed to be a good laugh. We all make stupid mistakes and I’m sure what you did was done out of “fun” and not trying to impersonate an officer. Just goofing off and would have been a funny story, but just so happen’d to be a couple cops….haha

Lesson learned, slap on the hand…

It’s made headlines b/c you are who you are. We all know your a good person. Re focus and get that #1 plate back.

All you guys bashing, quit acting like girls and being so dramatic! Grow a set!

9. James says:

Can u say, F.E.L.O.N.Y ! Hahahaha

10. anthony nastasi says:

james .you are the badest man on 2 wheels.you made alot of changes with all of the new adventures you have tried with finding your own life outside of motoing and think it has been a deep distraction and it shows.this is not a bash just outsider looking in.get back to ware you came from sleep eat breath riding @ #1 contender level .i have my own auto repair shop and have built it from scratch.and have made alot of sacrafices along the way.you can enjoy life outside motoing but the balance needs to be their.refocus you can do it.agian this is not a bash.i envy you and you fams success.good luck in your chase for championship.but luck isnt enough.focus and dedication to the passion of winning .

11. dylan says:

bruh you shouldnt have to be sorry every one does stupid an ceazy stuff just cause your james bubba stewart everyone wants to make it a big deal bs if you ask me

12. Dan says:

I agree with a lot of your fans. We all know you are a good person. My son and I have been fans since we saw your first race on a 125 at Anaheim 1, and we still are fans. Good people do stupid things sometimes. That’s the case for you, but it’s not an excuse and you have to face up to it. Besides being the fastest human ever to ride a motocross bike, we think one of your strengths is the fact that you’re a humble winner, and when you don’t win, you blame yourself. That’s shows character. So use that character, don’t side step the issue, and get back to what you do best. Get focused….your fans want you to win. A true champion is not just someone who wins all of the time, but it’s someone that can pull it out in the face of adversity. So go WIN!!

13. Wes says:

What is with you people? Why are you blaming his passenger for this? James already admitted he bought the lights. What do you think he bought them for? To see what it looks like if you live in the hood? He bought them to do just what he did because he thought it would be funny. He picked the wrong people todo it to this time. My lord, accept that he does stupid things sometimes and get over your idol worship. And the original post about what happened is drastically different than the police report. Be honest about what happened. Allegedly… if it was alleged, he wouldn’t be apologizing for it.

14. Matt Griffith says:

No worries James. Your fans know you were just messing around. The haters know that as well, but as the saying goes, haters are gonna hate.

We all know about your good works to your community and know that you are a good man.

You’re one of the most determined people I have ever read, seen, or heard about.

We all believe in you.

Matt

15. KEITH WING says:

James. My son has raced and during that time I have had several interactions with your family. All were very positive. Your Mom was always polite and respectful. She once released Malcom’s mechanic to help me get my son’s jetting fixed. Once my son told Big James that he was having trouble getting over a jump and your Dad went out and built up the lip a little to help out. I know you have great parents and were raised properly. I believe in you as well. If you still have passion to be the Champ you have to look no further than your family for guidance. I know you are not a “troubled kid” but time is wasting… there is only so much time until the peak of your skill will erode… lets get back to what you do best… Still a fan or yours and your family…

16. Nate Koeppen says:

They really arrested you for that. I think they should give the off duty cop a ticket for speeding!!!!!!

• Bubba says:

No they gave him a reward. How do we know they were speeding. The only thing were sure of is that James had something in his truck he wasn’t suppose to and he use it illegaly. But i’m sure you think he is above the law. NOT!!!!!

17. Chris says:

James,

Time to DO WORK and get this Championship back on track. I know you have gotten allot smarter on the track but you need to put this stupid stunt behind you and get back to what you know, WINNING! Everyone has stupid friends and we all do stupid stuff, you are better than this.

Think of this bad publicity as a nagging injury, put it out of your mind this weekend and you will be right back to dominating everyone. 2011 is your year, this is your championship. Get it done. My son and I are pulling for you every weekend. If you have a bad weekend, we have a bad week. Take care man, hang in there, it will get better. We wish you the best.

Chris and Richard

18. bill keys says:

Come on dude, you know you are what you eat. Quit eating rump roast and get back to the job at hand. Your still the best ever. FOCUS

19. al240z says:

i have been watching james hes hole life,heck he has blown buy me many times and i was 12 years his sr and now my 3 yrs old is his biggest fan and already riding and call hes self james stewart and i beleave with all my heart that everyone makes mistakes and is not proud of everything weve done listen he knows whats right and wrong please just let him find hes way and just stand by as a fan and as parents its on us as to make sure that we teach our kids right and wrong so im using this as a way to teach my child that everyone makes mistakes even or heros james im still a fan and my son is still a james stewart when he is riding dade city and sunshine relax james as someone that has made stupid mistakes you learn from them and move on this will pass.tell big james he owes me a beer lol

20. Luke S. says:

COME ON BRO!!!! GROW UP!!!! LOOK AT THE LAST FEW YEARS OF YOUR LIFE. GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS!! BEFORE YOU MOVED OUT OF YOUR DAD’S AND MOM’S HOUSE AND BEFORE YOU HUNG OUT WITH PEOPLE, YOU NEVER GOT INTO TROUBLE AND YOU ALSO WON RACES. NOW YOU CAN BARELY BEAT PEOPLE THAT YOU SHOULD SMOKE. I REMEMBER THE BUBBA THAT WOULD SCRUBB EVERY JUMP BECAUSE YOU KNEW IT MADE UP TIME INSTEAD OF JUST TRYING TO MAKE A PASS, AND THE BUBBA THAT WOULD JUMP A JUMP JUST BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WOULD. THOSE ARE THE THING’S THAT MADE YOU THE PERSON YOU WERE. NOT TRYING TO BE COOL AND DO SOME DUMB IDEA THAT YOUR RETARDED FRIEND CAME UP WITH. DO US ALL A FAVOR AND DROP THE DUMB SHOW AND STOP HANGING OUT WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT AS FOCUSED AS YOU AND GET BACK TO BEING THE BUBBA THAT WOULD DO ANYTHING AT ANY COST TO WIN RACES AND CHAMPIONSHIPS INCLUDING NOT HANGING OUT WITH PEOPLE WITHOUT GOALS AND DRIVE IN THEIR LIFE AND LIVING AT DAD AND MOMS BECAUSE FRIENDS SAY YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR OWN PLACE. IM 30 YEARS OLD, MARRIED AND TWO KIDS AND WOULD LIVE AT HOME IF I HAD PARENTS LIKE YOURS AND WAS AT YOUR LEVEL, YOU NEED THE HELP BRO. PLEASE GET BACK TO BEING YOU AND ONLY YOU, WE MISS YOU A TON AS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!