2014 Las Vegas SX: Photo Gallery

1. craig says:

James comes out and sets fastest times in practice and then wins his heat — almost always. He proves he’s the man to beat. Then another mechanical. After he worked his way back to #2 in the points. Sorry, but I cannot remember the last time I saw a mechanical problem with Monster Energy Kawasaki. What’s the problem?
    It is just too frustrating to see James riding at his caliber and then suffer this stuff. Every rider deserves a few mistakes as they are paid to push the limit and may eat it sometimes — but all the other stuff? It just seems ridiculous, time after time, some outside stuff happens to James. All this “bad luck” has seemed too strange!
    A couple years back in Oakland JS7 was slipping at the starting gate. Big James came down. JS7 got the start and won his heat. The at the main, a clutch failure. I know I should forgive and forget, but here it was again. Too weird. Too often! As an avid watcher, I know James deserves the top of the podium more often, and the #1 plate again, a few times over. Mechanicals just seem unacceptable at they level with the most incredible rider always willing to give it 200%. Get it together (or get rid of the bad apple).

2. jason says:

James is the man, although I think his mind is holding him back. I remember his 125 days and how brutal he was with that bike, full bore and thats what catipolted him the money and fame. He has seemed to lose that flare up he used to have, I know its in him somewhere. He has the super freak abilities, he needs to find it again.

Hmm, won’t take my comment. Hope it wasn’t too long. Doing a test comment with this one.

• Daniel says:

What’s up James!

Man, tough break on that main. But before that happened you definitely made a statement winning your heat race and making it look so easy like you were riding practice laps or something. Even though it is little consolation considering that you were waiting 3 weeks to win another race … everyone knows what would’ve happened without the bike malfunction. Jeff Emig along with many others had little doubt that you would win. I think that means alot, the fact that you made such an impact this season that you are now expected to win most of the time. I think that’s awesome. And although you couldn’t pull off the win, you ended your season healthy and very well respected.

Congratulations on an awesome season!!! My prediction for this season did come true even though you didn’t win the championship. I said that this season would be one for the history books with you being the star. A lot of history was made this season and it was very exciting to watch. And why? Because of you! What would this season have been without you being the only one who could’ve hunted down Villopoto after he pulled out such a big lead.

But man, you were the star of the show. You were the man to watch. You were playing it smart but never so safe to lose any respect. You were out there to win races first and take the championship second. And that’s what the people pay to see. So hats off to you man! And a bigger hat off to the Lord for all the wins you racked up and staying healthy with all that courageous riding you did.

Bottom line, you’re back and you’re BAD! That’s all that matters. All that racing and winning was priceless for your career, future and legacy. Praise the Lord! Now it’s time for a blessed and healthy outdoor season that will hopefully end with a championship and carrying that championship identity into the 2015 supercross season.

And one last thing on a spiritual note. All those misfortunes that happened this season had to be from the enemy because only good can come from God’s hands. And the only way the enemy can get foothold into your life is if the door is open for him to come in. So, on that note I encourage you to really take a look at your life and ask the Lord to show you what it is so you can shut that door and keep him out. This is what Psalms 125, verse 3,4 says … ” For the rod (scepter of wickedness) of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot (land allotted to) of the righteous; lest the righteous put for their hands to iniquity. Do good, O Lord, unto those that be good, and to them that are upright in their hearts.”

I would only be one of those false teachers and preachers to give you the impression that we could walk however we wanted before God and then expect nothing but blessings in return. Even though we are under His grace, that grace is intended to give us the power to walk upright, not excuse our crooked paths. So, in all honesty and the spirit of brotherly love I feel obligated to share this with you after seeing so much of the hand of the enemy this season. I’m not here to give you a positive mentality through spiritualism, I’m here to give you the truth of God’s word so that you may prosper in your way.

Just some spiritual food for thought moving forward. Once again, very proud of you and happy for you this season. I will continue to pray for your spiritual growth as well as those “at least two more championships” that was put on my heart to try to help you get (that how it was spoken to my spirit that encouraged me to start writing you). Very happy and proud for Malcolm too and hope he’s recovering okay from that spill in Vegas. Peace and blessings. Daniel.

4. Shae says:

Look at what James has done. He’s left a mark on this sport and the history books, made more money than you, me, and all of our combined incomes for the next 30 years. He has more drive and determination than most people in this world, dealing with racism, and all the issues that come with an insane amount of money at a young age, or any age for that matter. People say he’s pushing his gear line now, doesn’t want to win anymore. I say good for him! He’s paid his dues and doesn’t owe anything to anyone except himself and his family. I hope he keeps racing, I hope he races the outdoors, cause its gonna suck when there’s no more Bubba uncorking jump combos that nobody else even think to do, not even the beloved RV, the winning machine who looks miserable on the podium and every interview I’ve seen him in. In the words of my 4 year old boy…GO BUBBA!!

5. Anthony says:

Stewart is the fastest man on a motocross bike, end of story.

6. Fred says:

Yeah SX is so easy….where were you’re comments a few races back?

Oh poor baby didn’t make it. A shame that the crashing wonder did what he always does.